Re: [Nmh-workers] Pick getting all addressees/senders

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Pick getting all addressees/senders
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:08:41 -0800

"Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX)" <address@hidden> writes:
>> and I'm never sure I have them all.
>
>And there is the crux of the problem.  A shipped version of pick never
>could, either.  MH is scriptable for a reason -- so that you can do
>this for yourself, for whatever definition of 'recipient' applies at
>the moment you run the command.  Just write your own version.  Write
>several.  Experiment and play ;-)

OK, I'm trying.

Here is my list of possible recipients:

     "to",
     "cc",
     "bcc",
     "resent-to",
     "resent-cc",
     "resent-bcc",

Are they any others I should add to that list?

Here is my list of possible senders:

     "from",
     "sender",
     "resent-from",

Are they any others I should add to that list?

I'm much less concerned by false positives than by false negatives.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue
    Palo Alto CA 94306-3109
    (650) 565-8215