Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnowproc tab completion

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnowproc tab completion
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:16:38 +0000

Hi,

Jon Steinhart wrote:
> > I'm thinking about adding tab completion for file and directory
> > names for whatnowproc.  Is that on anyone's to-do list??
> >
> > steve
>
> Not on my list but it be great.

I've no doubt some would find it useful and use it.  But I wonder if I'm
alone in noticing a move to have more and more functionality at the
whatnow prompt.  We're tending more towards mutt and away from the
concept of having a group of commands that each do one thing, do it
well, and work together in the existing shell.  That's where I normally
cd and use tab completion.  :-)

No problem, if that's what people want, but there's clearly room for
something that takes MH's strong points and applies them afresh.

Cheers,
Ralph.