Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:01:28 -0500

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 21:03:40 EST, Ken Hornstein said:

>   I am thinking of making the nmh libraries

While we have the phrase "nmh libraries" on the table, would it be interesting
to convert sbr/libmh.a into a .so that can be embedded into other projects?
I'm thinking that exmh could use that in a few places where it currently has
to run system() against an nmh binary.  And if uip/scansbr.c was directly
callable from Tcl, that would fix a number of warts (in particular, a number
of stale-data issues with the message listing frame - would also make 'rescan'
and 'pack' a lot faster).