Re: [Nmh-workers] Installing nmh on RedHat 6

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Installing nmh on RedHat 6
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:17:28 -0500

>> I'd be up for doing this, but with one huge caveat: only if we throw
>> out all of the current Makefiles and use Automake instead.  Given Automake's
>> current support for subdirectories, we could ditch the use of recursive
>> make, which in my mind is a pretty big win.
>
>[ Sorry to be late to the party -- I'm on the road right now and waay
>behind on email.]
>
>I don't understand how the two are even related.

Note that I said, "_I'm_ up for doing this, but ...".  By that I mean if
I'm going to mess around with the nmh Makefiles again (something I loath
to do), then the only way _I'm_ going to do it is if we convert to Automake.

I see David Levine just added a spec file and the Makefile targets, but
I'd still rather convert everything over to Automake as part of the
Autoconf/libtool work.