[Nmh-workers] posix redux round one

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: [Nmh-workers] posix redux round one
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 17:19:34 -0800

After some grumbling and a shot of nog I've kicked off the new posix branch. I
have committed back the obvious non-posix bits.  In a nutshell this code:

* removes the unreferenced HAVE_ defines.
* removes autoconf rules from the Makefiles.
* rms the autoconf-related files.
* removes ifdefs from around posix-mandated include files.
* resolves terminal code in favour of the posix termios.h interface.

These are the simple bits. In theory the code should compile (but not
necessarily run) on any POSIX system.  But it's not a practical example of a
posix port yet.  I need to clean up the code related to wait, time, file locks,
and directory processing.  That will take a couple of days to re-do.  And the
Makefiles need a major overhaul.

This isn't production code -- I'm pushing it into git for those who wanted to
start eliding un-needed defines from the head.

--lyndon