Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:40:44 -0500

>>  441  12/18 Joel Uckelman o     [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid QUO
>>  442  12/18 Josh Bressers +o    Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid
>>  443  12/18 Paul Fox      +o    Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid
>>  444  12/18 Joel Uckelman |+o   Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid
>>  448  12/19 To:nmh-worker | +o  Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid
>>  447  12/19 To:nmh-worker +o    Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid
>>    (better ASCII-art thread tree suggestions welcome)
>
>trn(1), Usenet reader, used to be very good at showing an understandable
>tree fragment in the top-right corner.

You know, I was wondering why I didn't remember the original message ...
and that was because it was from 7 years ago!  And Usenet?  What is this
strange thing you speak of?  I think I heard my grandfather mention it
once.

In all seriousness ... I used to use trn a lot, and I remember that
tree fragment display rather well.  I found it on sourceforge ...
woo, a bunch of files are marked as being last modified 11 years
ago.  Suddenly I feel old.

I guess that code is in trn4/rt-wumpus.c.  Hm, that's only 638 lines.
A quick look shows that it's hairy, but not terrible.  Might be worth
cribbing from, but I guess that would only make sense in "show", right?
Since trn is a monolithic application it was easy to integrate it;
I'm not sure how it would work in nmh.