[Nmh-workers] Updating the nmh front-end programs for multiple identitie

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Updating the nmh front-end programs for multiple identities
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:47:38 -0500

Okay, for those of you that haven't been paying attention ...

The code in git now has comp & forw run their component files through
mh-format, and as soon as the git repo comes back up dist will do
the same thing as well.  This is all tied into the "add a From:
header to all outgoing drafts" thing I've been working on.

It was relatively easy to add support for -to, -from, -cc, -fcc, and
-subject switches to all of those commands (well, dist doesn't get
a -subject switch, but you get the idea).  And this leads me to something
else ...

One of the bugs submitted on savannah by Bill Wohler mentions that MH-E
added support for identities (although he doesn't really go into what
that means).  But it occurs to me that with the changes I've made, well,
that's pretty close to identity support.  For people that use a nmh
front-end, it would need relatively small changes to make it work.
So I'm thinking ... Bill (MH-E) and Valdis (the current exmh guy) ...
would you guys be interested in adding/integrating identity support to
your respective front-end interfaces?  Would you need anything else
on the MH side to make this happen?  At least on the exmh side you could
get rid of a lot of the post-processing that is done on drafts.