Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to post

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to post
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:18:49 -0700

On 2012-03-12, at 9:05 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> Since these headers will be specific to the backend transport I would suggest
> ignoring ones unknown to the backend, and giving the backend the ability to
> print warnings, or abort the send, if there are problems processing a
> recognized directive.

The sender should also be able to specify the message not be sent if a
meta-directive cannot be honoured.  E.g. trying to specify deliver-by when
using the sendmail transport. Changing <directive> to:

  directive = LETTER *(LETTER / DIGIT / "-") *("!")

would make

  .deliver-by 86400 N

a request, and

  .deliver-by! 86400 N