Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:05:47 +0000

Hi,

Jerrad Pierce wrote:
> Rather than proliferate switches, why not begin deprecating it, by
> first making it something that must be explicitly enabled in build?

I've known of ./@ for many years and have only rarely used it, and it
does make other users ask why they can see a file called ./@.  (I'm not
a Dr*pbox user.)  I'm all for dumping it completely but we won't know of
users that do need it and why until we make it stop working for them and
they speak up.

So how about adding an option to produce it, the current behaviour, but
having that off by default.  Then they can call in here, or read the
fine manual, learn of the new option and recover.  The manual would warn
it's to be removed completely at $futuredate and they should pipe up in
protest if they care.