Re: [Nmh-workers] scan %{body} bug?

From: rader
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] scan %{body} bug?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:56:27 -0500

 > Been seeing this, haven't had a chance to track it down. Looking at exmh's
 > .xmhcache files, I have 145,141 total messages listed in .xmhcache entries,
 > and
 > the bug is affecting 3,266 of them. So there's an anectodal value for the
 > frequency.

...but isn't the body sometimes smaller than the room in the scan listing??
Certainly is for me, but I have cron and at send me reminders a lot.  Anyway...

  $ compute 3266/145141*100
  2.2500
  $ compute 9/602*100
  1.4900

...so perhaps I'd argue it's more than an insignificant nuisance.

 > Interestingly enough, Ken's 11:35 message did *not* trip over the bug, so
 > there's some state that's different between your machine and mine.  My first
 > guess is number/length of Received: headers?

I just removed the Ken's X-Face: header and problem disappeared.  Ditto w/
removing my X-Envelope-From: injected by procmail.  I don't think any more
analysis from me would be useful.  Free samples available by request!

steve