Re: [Nmh-workers] send -sasl and -user

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] send -sasl and -user
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 01:04:53 -0400

>and gmail wouldn't take it.  Near as my testing shows, when send/post go to
>read .netrc, it doesn't use the '-server' value to look up 'machine' and then
>pick up the login/password fields - once I added '-user address@hidden', it
>was then able to find the right line in .netrc and it started working.

So ... I guess what's happening is I call ruserpass() with "user" (see
sm_get_pass() in smtp.c), and I set up user like this:

    if (user == NULL)
        user = getusername();

But ... from what I see, I do pass in the hostname where you're
going to.  So I think in this case it's trying to match up
smtp.gmail.com, but it wasn't finding "valdis" there (because that's
the default).  I _think_ that if you had another address@hidden on
a different machine entry, it wouldn't match it.  Could you set
a breakpoint or two inside of ruserpass() to be sure?