Re: [Nmh-workers] replyfilter

From: Kevin Cosgrove
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] replyfilter
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:41:55 -0700

On 31 May 2012 at 8:13, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> I like par fine and I'm glad it has a man page ... but it's damn near
> incomprehensible.

Yes, it reads more as a software specification than instructions
for use.  It reminds me of a Super Compact manual, with entries
like:

run

synopsis:  verb noun [noun2 ... nounN]

I made that up to an extent, but really, it didn't have any useful value.

> >   PARINIT=rTbgqR w65 B=.?!_A_a Q=_s>|
>
> So mine is now:
>
>     PARINIT=rTbgqR0 B=.,?_A_a Q=_s>|
>
> The key change being the "R0".

That works for me on my systems.  Wahoo!  Thanks!

Replying to your message I got these errors:

ascii "\xE2" does not map to Unicode at /home/kevinc/bin/replyfilter line 179,
<STDIN> line 3.
ascii "\x80" does not map to Unicode at /home/kevinc/bin/replyfilter line 179,
<STDIN> line 3.
ascii "\x90" does not map to Unicode at /home/kevinc/bin/replyfilter line 179,
<STDIN> line 3.
[...]

I'm not sure what that's about.

After that exmh aborted it's reply attempt. 'repl' on command
line continued to the draft editing step.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin