Re: [Nmh-workers] Naive Queston About nmh Man Pages

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Naive Queston About nmh Man Pages
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:18:27 -0700

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:
>>Shouldn't etc have have a link, man -> share/man  ?
>
>You mean, you want (default installation):
>
>/usr/local/nmh/etc/man -> ../share/man

Don't know what I "want".  That's why I  didn't  make a request, but asked a
question.

>I'm not sure I see the need myself; care to explain?  You can change the
>directory used by the man pages via the --mandir option to configure.

I  did

         configure
         make
         make check
         make install

Therefore, accepting all the defaults.

Than I did  'man scan' and got  'No manual entry for scan'.

Then  I did

     cd /usr/local//nmh
     ln -s share/man man

Now 'man scan" works.