Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:28:10 -0500

Norm wrote:

> David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
> >Norm wrote:
> >
> >> It's not in the mhparam man page, In fact,
> >> share/doc/nmh/README.manpages and bin/mhparam are the only files
> >> anywhere in the nmh-1.5 hierarchy in which the string "etcdir"
> >> occurs. Also 'mhparam -all | grep etc' shows nothing.
> >
> >I added etcdir and libdir to the mhparam man page.
>
> Also, uip/mhparam.c should be fixed so that -all includes etcdir and
> libdir.

That's a bigger change to mhparam than I'd like to make
right now.  The code (and test suite!) change wouldn't be
difficult, but much of the man page would have to be
rewritten because it currently doesn't sound like those fit
the purpose ("profile and context components").  Maybe
that's why these hadn't been documented.

This excerpt from the test suite shows what I mean.  -all
provides the verbatim contents of .mh_profile plus the
current folder, which is context:

  # check -all

  cp $MH_TEST_DIR/Mail/.mh_profile $expected
  # -all adds current folder
  echo 'Current-Folder: '`folder -f` >>$expected

  mhparam -all >$actual

  check $expected $actual

I did document the mhparam -debug option.  It doesn't fit in
the same way, but it looks useful and was easy to document.
And it's been there so long I can't see removing it.