Re: [Nmh-workers] Alternate-Mailboxes: failure

From: rader
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Alternate-Mailboxes: failure
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:38:58 -0500

 > > Alternate-Mailboxes: rader, address@hidden, address@hidden,
 > address@hidden
 > >
 > >yet msgs...
 > >
 > > cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
 > >
 > >...get delivered to me in duplicate.
 >
 > Get _delivered_ to you in duplicate?  You mean when you cc yourself?  I'd
 > tell you to use Fcc, but I don't want to open that can of worms again :-)

...nasty, vicious worms?

 > send and friends don't use Alternate-Mailboxes; that's just for repl and
 > scan.
 > The man page for mh-profile explains how this works.

Ahh.  I've been duped into thinking Alternate-Mailboxes works at send time
becuase Sendmail sometimes prevents me from receiving multiple copies of msgs
with multiple (unique) addresses which funnel into my inbox.

I suppose some procmail-fu is in order.

 > >Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use globs?!?
 >
 > .... see the above paragraph :-)  (They aren't technically globs, but I think
 > it would suffice for your needs).

Yes, address@hidden seems quite reasonable.  I think that's what I used back
when
I read the doc in 2001, 2002ish.

Apologies everyone, for not having reviewed the man page before complaining.

steve