[Nmh-workers] man page change review

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: [Nmh-workers] man page change review
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:53:03 -0700

I just pushed a new nmh.7 man page.  Along with Paul's content changes, it
includes the troff source changes I am planning to make across the board.
Specifically, I'm getting rid of the .RS/.RE/.fc/.ta hackery and replacing it
with .TP tagged paragraphs.  These changes also let me replace some of the
embedded \fXasdf\fY usage with the standard font change macros (.B, .I, .IR,
etc), which might help the mandoc folks.

I try to use a conservative subset of the man(7) macros, and avoid non-portable
troff(1) usage. Any troff/man gurus out there are invited to lint the changes
to nmh(7) and report any issues.  I am planning to apply these changes across
the board, but I will break them into multiple commits by functional change, so
if I do hose something it should be easy to back out the offending update.

--lyndon