Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:34:25 +0100

Ken Hornstein wrote:
> My thinking was to add an extra parameter to fmt_scan() that meant the buffer
> size available and limit the output based on both the number of characters
> and the total buffer size.  This is easy enough to do, but I realize that

Multiplying maximum width by MB_CUR_MAX is one way to determine a
suitable buffer size though that doesn't allow for escape seqences for
colours. Is it too ugly to have the function allocate the buffer and
rely on the caller to free it?

The same code change could also address the following request which is
for -width 0 to be unlimited:
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?15274

Oliver