Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 14:40:50 -0500

>has anyone given any thought to colorizing the background of alternate lines
>of scan output?  i've only been skimming, but i think "the way it ended up"
>leaves that as not directly possible?

Hm.  If you don't care which hilight is first, I _think_ you can do it.
Untested, but ....

%(void(msg)%(void(modulo 2))%<(eq 0)...hilight on...%|...hilight off%>

Hm, well, that only works assuming contiguous message numbers, which isn't
a valid assumption.

I don't know if we can do that just in mh-format, because there's no
state kept between format invocations.  We'd need to pass some knowledge
from scan down into it.  Which isn't actually that hard; things like
%(msg) are just stuff passed down in a special 'dat' array.