[Nmh-workers] mh and git patches

From: Paul Fox
Subject: [Nmh-workers] mh and git patches
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:28:50 -0500

anyone have favorite tips/tricks for using git-format-patch and mh?
any simple automation that combines with comp or, i suppose, send?

most of my (compensated) work involves local git-trees and internal
repos so i don't need to do much patch mailing.  but once in a while i
need to send patches to lkml or one of the tributary kernel lists, and
i've always been nervous about getting the formatting right -- there's
a fair amount of manual editing needed to merge my normal draft with
the output of format-patch.

is there a ways to get git-format-patch to generate a useful
mh-compatible draft file directly?

having done that, how can i send the series of drafts all at once?

or -- perhaps i should skip mh and embrace git-send-email?  but then
i'd lose the copy in my outbox folder, etc.

any feedback will be tested in short order:  i have a short series of
patches ready for this list (eliminating some MAXARGS usage) that i'll
experiment with -- you all are far more forgiving than the lkml crowd. :-)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 35.1 degrees)