[Nmh-workers] The function, void admonish (char *what, char *fmt, ...)

From: norm
Subject: [Nmh-workers] The function, void admonish (char *what, char *fmt, ...)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 05:56:34 -0800

It seems to me (it's been decades since I programmed in C) that admonish does
very little for programmers, except induce them to issue frustratingly
ambiguous (sometimes dangerously ambiguous) error messages; that directly
calling advertise would be very little extra trouble and would avoid that
inducement. I'm not suggesting a wholesale elimination of all 89 present calls
to admonish. I'm merely suggesting that admonish be deprecated via an
appropriate comment, in error.c, just above admonish.

    Norman Shapiro