Re: [Nmh-workers] Trailing Spaces on Default repl mhl.reply.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Trailing Spaces on Default repl mhl.reply.
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:52:19 -0500

>That was the root cause of a long-standing exmh bug where GPG
>signatures on replies would be corrupted - the trailing blank got
>included in the GPG checksum generation calculation, but at the
>remote end the canonical text (minus the trailing blank) got used
>in the verification.  I ended up hacking around it in exmh by
>basically doing the moral equivalent of sed 's/[ ]*$//'

Fair enough; I stand corrected.  Still not going to fix mhl, though :-)

I haven't been paying much attention to encrypted email support, but I might
have to in the near term; can you point me to a reference on this?
Specifically the part about how canonical text is defined?  Or is that
just a GPG thing?