Re: [Nmh-workers] Threads

From: epg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Threads
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:20:14 -0700

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:
>>I usually use it like this:
>>
>>  pick `pickthread cur-last` -seq thread; scan thread
>
> Okay, stupid question time: what exactly does pickthread _do_?  I mean, yeah,
> okay, I see it's doing "threading", but what does it do with that information?

Heh, sorry I wasn't clear.  sbr/thread.c is mainly what I'm offering.
It builds a complete, hierarchical representation of all threads in
the input message set.

pickthread.c is probably not the way to go, despite how well it's
served me over the years; I included it for completeness, and so you'd
have something to immediately play with if interested.  It prints all
the messages in the specified set (or all) that are in the same thread
as cur; I stick that in a sequence and scan/show/sortm it, as desired.
 cur is hard-coded in pickthread.c due to laziness and/or
incompetence, but sbr/thread.c has no such limitation.  So, of course,
pickthread.c flattens the thread list.

Thanks.