Re: [Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:46:34 +0100

Hi Ken,

> - It's not clear to me what the "right" behavior should be.

Clearly, you need to be more opinionated.  :-)  nmh is already happy to
inc malformatted, see what I did there, emails, e.g. sortm later
complains about unparsable dates, and I think that should continue.

I'd expect and like repl to complain and not present me with a draft to
edit.  I can then investigate based on the error message.  This suggests
the failed attempt to parse the To header should ripple back up; longjmp
FTW.  ;-)

Whether a template that didn't refer to To would spot the problem
depends on if the existing code parses all interesting headers up front
or only upon reference.  I wouldn't expect this to change, just be
documented.

It's a rare enough occurence that investigation should result, not some
stab at automated DWIM fixing.  It Outlook starts doing this every
weekday then we'd have more evidence upon which to do the right thing.