Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg suggestion

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg suggestion
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 18:09:03 -0400

>It's bullshit like that that led Vern Schryver to state that the MIME
>multipart/alternative was usually a crock.  Either the /text and /html are
>semantically equal, in which case one is superfluous, or they're not, in
>which case one is incorrect and shouldn't be sent.

I don't disagree with that sentiment, but as we've seen a) frequently
they aren't equal at all, and b) it's essentially impossible to get the
offending companies to fix the problem.  I mean, if Constant Contact, a
company who's _business_ is spam^H^H^H^Hemail can't get it right, what
are the chances of Joe Random Airline to get it right?  We have to live
in the world we're in, not the one we wish we did.