Re: [Nmh-workers] x-unix-mode MIME parameter?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] x-unix-mode MIME parameter?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:45:36 +0000

What ho, Ken!

> Obvious no standard defines this [x-unix-mode] MIME parameter.  We
> don't do anything with this parameter upon receipt.  I don't actually
> know which MUAs process such a parameter.  It looks like maybe an old
> version of Apple Mail might have SENT such a parameter, but I don't
> know if would ever do anything with it.

Do you know about Debian Code Search?
http://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=x-unix-mode.  Various packages
mention it, the top hit for me is a comment,

    We use the x-unix-mode convention from "dtmail 1.2.1 SunOS 5.6".

I didn't find any web page defining it but did see that dtmail is now
available with the source-release of CDE.
http://sourceforge.net/p/cdesktopenv/code/ci/master/tree/  Don't know if
that has clues.  It isn't in Debian Code Search AFAICS.