Re: [Nmh-workers] General question - unsupported charset conversion

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] General question - unsupported charset conversion
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 12:19:04 -0800

On Feb 28, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> If we make sure we're converting all non-printable characters into something
> else, I'm unclear as to how that could happen.  But if it can happen, please
> educate me!

It's a case of fooling the GB* and multibyte converters into aborting at an
opportune moment.  MRC had a bible of all these edge cases that, sadly, expired
with him :-(

What we really need is for someone to run a fuzzer over the nmh code base and
see just what blows up.  I doubt the results will be pretty.

--lyndon