[Nmh-workers] Punchlist for 1.6-RC3

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Punchlist for 1.6-RC3
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:20:09 -0400

Guys,

I'm going down a list of bugs reported in 1.6-RC2, and trying to see if
I missed anything that needs to be fixed for 1.6-RC3 (hopefully that
will quickly be followed by 1.6 final).  What I have is:

- Handle unknown message/* types properly rather than report an error;
  reported by Eric Gillespie, fixed in master and 1.6-release branches.

- Error reporting for unwanted multipart/alternative parts; reported
  (and fixed!) by Paul Fox, in master and 1.6-release.

- Fixes for write_charset_8bit() returning US-ASCII; still unresolved.

- refile -retainsequences did not work with private sequences; reported
  by Norm Shapiro, fixed in master and 1.6-release.

- If a text part does not contain a trailing newline, the output marker
  display gets messed up.  Reported by William Yodlowsky, fixed in master
  and 1.6-release.

- Corruption when attaching a file containing NUL characters (but no
  8-bit characters); fixed in master, but not 1.6-release.  Changes are
  invasive; should we bring it over to 1.6-release?

Are there any others that I missed?