Re: [Nmh-workers] Request for new command: addresses

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Request for new command: addresses
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 11:25:08 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
 > The forwarded message, below, from Ralph Corderoy shows that there is already
 > code in the source to repl that does all that I'm asking for. So perhaps,
 > maybe, perchance, it might, I hope, not be very much trouble to write a
 > command: addresses.
 >
 > The command would operate on one or more messages. Its arguments would be
 > like
 > the arguments of almost all the nmh commands that operate on one more more
 > messages, with the default being cur. It would output, to its stdout, all the
 > addressees, including comments, of all the messages. There need be no
 > guaranteed order. Nor need there be any culling of duplicates. I don't
 > require
 > but would not object to support of -cc all/to/cc/me -nocc all/to/cc/me.

does this do what you want?  i didn't address the leftover draft
folder that you and ralph mentioned, because that wasn't happening
for me.

paul

#!/bin/sh

if [ $# = 0 ]
then
    args=cur
else
    args=$(pick -noseq $*)
fi

for m in $args
do
    yes n | repl -cc all -query -editor false $m 2>/dev/null
done |
    sed -r 's/\<Reply to ([^?]+)\? /\1\n/g' |
    sort -u

 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 54.7 degrees)