Re: [Nmh-workers] switching from thunderbird to nmh

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] switching from thunderbird to nmh
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:10:18 -0700

"Brenda J. Butler" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ken, David, Norm,

>>> Great!  Glad to get a new user!  If you don't mind me asking ... how
>>> come you decided to switch?  We get a lot of people going the other way,
>>> so I am curious why you decided to go against the tide.  Not that I'm
>>> complaining!
>
> I'm a programmer.  I work with plain-text files and plain-text editors
> on the command line.  I used Thunderbird at my new job (four years ago)
> because it was most convenient at the time, but now I want a real mail
> client : -)  Once I'm familiar with nmh, I will probably move to using
> it in emacs.

I am so late to the party that the champagne is long gone and the
bottles have been recycled and reused several times over.

But if you're already a fan of Emacs, you'll find MH-E to your liking.
Try M-x mh-rmail.

See http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/, and link to The MH-E Manual in
particular.

Hope you are still using nmh!