Re: [Nmh-workers] Attach and disposition

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Attach and disposition
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:00:16 -0400

>It would be nice to automatically inline text and images. However, we
>should also provide a UI to override the default.

I think we agreed that there should be a configuration file entry that
let you override the default, but I think everyone agreed that the default
disposition of "attachment" was correct.

>One idea, from apt-get, is to add "/<disposition>" to the filename. We
>then get the dirname of the path. If it's a directory, then
><disposition> refers to a file; otherwise, we use the given disposition.

Hm, I don't think I personally like that; it gives special semantics to the
filename.

>1. Can you put a space or comma-separated list of files in a single
>Attach header field? Useful for including several files from a directory
>(for example, in Emacs Attach: C-u M-! ls *.pdf RET).

No.  What if the filename contains a space or comma?  Right now that works
fine.  And yes, I do attach filenames with spaces.  This doesn't work with
the attach command (sigh), but that's on my list to fix.

>2. What happens if the draft has already been MIME-ified? I'm thinking
>MH-E compatibility here.

Once it's been MIME-ified, Attach headers cannot be processed; conversion
to a MIME message is a one-way process.