Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:09:40 -0700

Michael Richardson <address@hidden> writes:

> I encountered a problem with forw -mime, which is used
> by MH-E.

If mh-compose-forward-as-mime-flag is t.

>          It seems that it ignores Draft-Folder.  I got caught
> because I happened to have a (empty) ~/Mail/draft as a directory for
> reasons I never figured out.
>
> mh-e probably could give the explicit -draftfolder option, but it
> was a surprise.
>
> (Maybe I'm mis-diagnosing the problem, twoo)

Nope, you are spot-on. And it's not because of the -mime option. And
it's not MH-E that is putting the draft in "draft," it is forw's
handling of the -build option, which is used by MH-E. From forw(1):

       The  -build switch is intended to be used by the Emacs mh-e interface to
nmh.  It
       implies -nowhatnowproc.  It causes a file <mh-dir>/draft to be created,
containā€
       ing  the  draft message that would normally be presented to the user for
editing.
       No mail is actually sent.

I'm guessing this was done so that MH-E could find the draft that forw
created. I can't think of a clean way for MH-E to find the draft if
DraftFolder were in use.

p.s. Calling in sick again today. Only a month behind and 227 more
messages to go.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/