Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: full MIME integration

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: full MIME integration
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:01:09 +0100

Hi,

David wrote:
> Ken wrote:
> > I am wondering if we should take this opportunity to simply make the
> > Content structure opaque.  It would prevent a lot of API abuse that
> > exists today.
>
> I'm fine with that and willing to help.  But it will be a lot of work.

Analysis tools like CScout, http://www.spinellis.gr/cscout/, might make
it easier, e.g. http://www.spinellis.gr/cscout/doc/walk.html, though I
wonder if opaqueness sometimes makes debugging more awkward.  Perhaps
it's better to clearly define what's permissible;  it's not as if
there's hundreds of programmers out there ready to violate it.  Lyndon
can keep them in line.  :-)