Re: [Nmh-workers] (no subject)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 23:54:49 -0400

(Note: just got back from vacation, answering a surprising slew of nmh
email).

>> nmh (and MH) reverse the order of multipart/alternative parts
>> internally, so they show up as the "best" content first.  I was
>> going to get rid of this implementation wart when the MIME code gets
>> retooled.
>
>Best-first has some appeal to me:  I start at the top, see
>text/html or something else I can handle, and go with that
>without bothering to look at the other alternatives.

Meh.  Everywhere else nmh presents MIME parts in the order in which
they occur in the message; from what I can tell, multipart/alternative
was reversed just so the display code would be easier to write.  This
seems like a lousy exception.