Re: [Nmh-workers] iCalendar support

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] iCalendar support
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:02:09 -0500

Lyndon wrote:

> But the inviteaccept and invitedeny (for a lack of any better
> name) scripts would be contrib fodder at best.

As already noted, contrib hasn't worked.

> The reason being that calendar processing almost always
> includes interaction with external calendaring software.

That's not at issue here.  I can (and do, using my phone) reply
to a calendar invite with an email message.  It just works.
There's no reason I shouldn't be able to reply with nmh instead
of my phone.

And I want to reply to encoded text/plain and text/html messages
using repl and have it do a much better job than it does now.
All of us do.  Not all of us want to write our own scripts to do
it, though.

> We already have a need for this internally, as shown by the
> multipart/signed discussion.

That's another good example.  I'd like to sign and verify using
nmh.  But not so much that I'm willing to run off and write
scripts.  If someone threw them into contrib, I might take a
look, some day, because I'd expect some integration effort and
false starts.  But if I could do things like "show -verify", and
"sign" at the whatnow prompt (or mhbuild -sign), and they just
worked, I would.  There's no reason I shouldn't be able to.