Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:03:12 -0500

Erich wrote:

> Big request (the one I have only a poor workaround for):
>    I need a feature in the MIME support (or just help if I'm
>    totally confused).  I have for the life of me not been able
>    to figure out how to get "Content-IDs" listed.

The (undocumented) -debug switch to mhlist will show any
Content-IDs.

>    Ideally, it would be useful to have both "mhlist" support
>    listing Content-IDs and "mhstore" to be able to use them to
>    identify the part in question,

That does sound like the ideal approach.  At this point, mhstore
doesn't support selection by Content-ID.

> Lesser request (but still good from a cleanliness perspective):
>    Right now, there is no way I have found to get which messages are
>    "unseen" (or some other mechanism) other than effectively listing
>    all the unseen messages in a folder.  The 2 methods I know of,
>    both using "pick" and using "mark" list them all.  If you have
>    a large email folder this is prohibitive.  So, either pick or
>    mark having the capability to use the sequences to "qualify"
>    an existing message list would be good.  My workaround right now
>    is that I at least use "mark -list -sequence <foo>" to get the
>    sequence, but yes then I have to parse the whole sequence list
>    to figure out where my current pick list resides.

I think you're looking for conjunction but I'm not sure.  Can
you get what you need with multiple pick calls and grep, join,
etc.?