Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: unable to convert character set of...

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: unable to convert character set of...
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 10:19:42 -0500

Ralph wrote:

> I've found switching to it [UTF-8] is better for most things.

Let me second that.  It's the default on the platform I use, but I
unintentionally disabled it for a while.  After fixing that, I now
see characters such as ½ that I'd rather not miss.  And those
gratuitously messy quote and dash characters are no longer.

For me, "most things" is "all but one thing (installation of
hplip)".