Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???

From: Bob Carragher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:23:35 -0800

[Note:  this email is being sent directly from the GMail web
 client, so its header should be correct and not "spammy."]

Oliver:  yes, I'm using Comcast.  Here are the (I think) relevant
bits of my sendmail.mc file:

     FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
     FEATURE(`genericstable')dnl
     GENERICS_DOMAIN(`localhost.localdomain')dnl
     MAILER(`local')dnl
     MAILER(`smtp')dnl
     define(`SMART_HOST', `[smtp.comcast.net]')dnl
     MASQUERADE_AS(gmail.com)dnl

Please send me details on using Exim.  If that eliminates the
need for Sendmail, or at least for me to directly configure it,
I'm all for it!  I only use Sendmail to send my own outgoing
emails (which always use my GMail account).  Thanks!

Ralph:  yes, I am (always [trying to]) claim that my emails come
from GMail.  I absolutely believe that I'm doing it wrong, or at
least in a "spammy" way.  I can understand the need for TLS or
SSL -- and would not want to send outgoing mail in an insecure
fashion -- but I don't know how to set that up with sendmail.
Would this be a good reference (for TLS)?

     http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/starttls.html

Thanks a lot!

Bob

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:41:16 +0100 Oliver Kiddle <address@hidden> sez: