Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble

From: Kevin Cosgrove
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:31:37 -0700

On 16 April 2015 at 13:13, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> >I had to undo some VERY old .mh_profile configuration stuff,
> >which doesn't get in the way of sensible actions with exmh,
> >but did get in the way of sensible command line actions with
> >nmh.  Nmh defaults are better than what I had, which might have
> >dated back to MH-6.
>
> You know, I for one would be interested to know what you had there.

OK.  I have MHN set to /home/kevinc/.mh_profile.mhn in my
environment.  I renamed that file and MHN now points at something
non-existent.  I suppose it would be better to unset MHN.  I've
attached the file to feed your curiosity.  Trying to open an
Opera browser for text/html wasn't so great, for instance.

I adjusted my .mh_profile (not the MHN one) a bit, as follows.

RCS file: /home/kevinc/RCS/.mh_profile.mh6,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -r1.7 /home/kevinc/.mh_profile.mh6
====================
You changed line(s) 30 from this:
< next: -showproc mhl
To this:
> next: -form .components/mhl.format -showproc mhl
====================
You changed line(s) 35 from this:
< prev: -showproc mhl
To this:
> prev: -form .components/mhl.format -showproc mhl
====================
You changed line(s) 49,50 from this:
< show: -showproc mhl
< showproc: mhl
To this:
> show: -form .components/mhl.format -showproc mhl
> showprocX: mhl

I hope that's useful.

> Maybe in the next version of nmh we could provide some useful
> warnings/diagnostics.

What do you have in mind, a sanity check flag for mhparam?  Maybe
a flag for mhparam that would look in the search PATH and report
preferred, whatever that means, applications for each kind of
task?

Cheerio....

--
Kevin