Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:50:01 -0400

>I would also note that it is possible it is the mailing list exploder on
>nongnu,org that's doing it - detecting a To/Cc header with an address that's
>also on the list, and dropping that address from the list expansion.  That
>would be (just slightly) less broken than having the receiving MTA drop
>a message because it assumes a later one will arrive, and I'd actuually
>give a higher probability than the "gmail hid it" hypothesis.

That is possible, but I've personally received duplicate messages from the
mailing list and a local copy, and having nongnu.org delete a message it
thinks is duplicate strikes me as broken as well.  Would be interesting
if we could see what happened on the gmail side.

>And while I'm commenting on "issues" the "Error: Malformed IPv6 address" from
>the Received header from eggs.gnu.org might be because of the (quite) recent
>decision that abbreviated IPv6 addresses shouldn't be used (no ::s),

Wait, when was that decided?  I looked at RFC 4291 and it's updates and
I didn't see that mentioned.