Re: [Nmh-workers] problem compiling nmh 1.6 on linux gentoo

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problem compiling nmh 1.6 on linux gentoo
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:33:28 -0500

> >> I would put the true blame on whatever decided to add -ansi
> >> -pedantic (particularly the latter) to the compiler switches.
> >
> >That would be me.  I'm willing to remove them (and add them to
> >build_nmh).  Ok with you, Ken?
>
> Yeah, I'm fine with that.

Done.  The easiest way for me to do it was to remove the auto_cflags set/test
from configure.ac.  I don't see that it had any value now that we're pretty
much letting users set CFLAGS to whatever they want.

There still is the code that adds -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 to CFLAGS (with a -O).
It seems to me that the same argument for not putting -ansi -pedantic in CFLAGS
could be made for -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE.  But I do think it's worth keeping.