Re: [Nmh-workers] When a message goes only to me, as a cc

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] When a message goes only to me, as a cc
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:44:49 -0400

robert wrote:
 >     Date:        Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:00:24 -0400
 >     From:        Paul Fox <address@hidden>
 >
 >   | so you still might not know that you've left a blank To: header.
 >
 > There's nothing wrong with that - Norm's issue was that sometimes he was
 > sending to no-one but himself, not which header the addresses appear in.

oh, right.  i'd forgotten the details.

 > Technically (as far as the e-mail standards go) there's no difference at
 > all between To and cc - it's all just human factors (bcc, if it contains
 > addresses, is just the same).   Addresses in "to" is supposed to indicate
 > primary recipients, and "cc" recipients that are just included for info only.

i feel as if i've used an MUA at some point which got confused by a an
empty or missing To header, but trying the couple i have on hand, none
seem to care.  perhaps it was mailing list software.  in any case, i
understand your point.

paul
paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 51.8 degrees)