Re: [Nmh-workers] Having configure Check for cc's -pedantic -ansi.

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Having configure Check for cc's -pedantic -ansi.
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:18:12 -0400

Ralph wrote:

> Returning to that Mac OS X box to try it, I again went with the
> defaults.
>
>     $ sh build_nmh
>     Install prefix [/usr/local/nmh]:
>     Locking type (dot|fcntl|flock|lockf) [determined by configure]:
>     MTS (smtp|sendmail/smtp|sendmail/pipe) [smtp]:
>     SMTP server(s), space separated [localhost]:
>     Cyrus SASL support [determined by configure]:
>     TLS support [determined by configure]:
>     build succeeded, build log is in nmh/build_nmh.log
>     $
>
> The last two could do with something indicating what the answers can be
> if the default isn't wanted.

build_nmh doesn't know without running configure, and I don't think it
should be run twice.  It's the same situation with locking type.

> An `rm *' in a clean-up is finding a directory has been produced!?

Can you tell from config.log?  Odd that it would do that on some
platforms and not others.

> All 19 were about deprecated sasl functions.

You might want to compare notes with Ken on that.  He builds on OSX, too.