Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to folder.man

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to folder.man
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 07:44:38 +0700

    Date:        Sun, 1 Jan 2017 15:20:47 -0800
    From:        Lyndon Nerenberg <address@hidden>

  | In troff, a '-' (hyphen) indicates a hyphenation location within a word.

It indicates a hyphen, a % usually indicates a soft-hyphenation point
(though whhich caracter s used for that, if any, can be altered.)

  | \- specifically indicates an en-dash character.

No that's a minus sign, an n-dash is \(en (and an m-dash is \(em )
These are all things that in ascii are represented by the '-' chatacter.

  | The latter is used to point out that '-' is a required literal character.

No it isn't, anything (in this context) except the soft-hyphen is a required
literal character,

address@hidden said:
  | So we're 'good to go' with 'sub-folder', not 'sub\-folder'?

Absolutely, the former is correct, the latter would mean sub minus folder.

kre