Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:53:44 +0000

Hi Ken,

> I suspect what happened is that your digest bursting program overwrite
> your draft file between "repl" and "send", and your "send" sucessfully
> sent the digest.

I agree that seems to match the symptoms...

> it's generally not safe to run two nmh programs simultaneously (we do
> some stuff to prevent sequence file corruption and that helps, but
> it's not a guarantee that stuff like this won't happen).

...but nmh commands wouldn't steal each other's draft?  For example, two
comp(1)s racing each other are going to create 42 and 43, never both
plump for 42.  Though perhaps Laura's script tries to spot what's been
created by exploding the digest and nicks comp's draft at a higher level
outside of nmh.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy