Re: [Nmh-workers] Minor Thing About the Welcome Message.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Minor Thing About the Welcome Message.
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 13:59:08 +0100

Hi David,

> > There are probably various valid paths where a program exit(0)s that
> > don't write the context file.
>
> Yeah, yet another unification target.

Germany's was a cinch compared.  :-)

> > sbr/done.c's done is a file pointer that often points to exit(3).
> > Is it just a poor man's atexit(3), and should we aim to switch to
> > that as it would give chaining?
>
> And another, though I'm not sure what you have in mind.  atexit() has
> started to creep in to nmh already.

Good point.  I'm not too sure either;  it depends what the current needs
are, or what they would be if the code was nicer.  Options include: just
using atexit(3); maintain our own list of what to call so we can pass in
a closure, like the non-portable on_exit(3); same but allow the removal
of a list item.  Stick with atexit() for new stuff for now, I guess,
until it can be looked at en masse.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy
<dict://dict.org/d:yagni:foldoc>