Re: [Nmh-workers] The -check argument to mhstore

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The -check argument to mhstore
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 18:02:17 -0400

>> because of how easy it is to create a matching MD5 hash for arbitrary
>> content).
>
>I figure it helps spot buggy corruption by something that handled the
>bytes along the way, and I need all the help.

I have to ask ... does that actually HAPPEN?  Like, ever?  Also, your
message you sent out does NOT contain a Content-MD5 header, AFAICT; I don't
know if you only do that for multipart messages or if it was stripped out.

So I guess when you and Norm email each other, you will be able to detect
if corruption happens; otherwise, no one will notice :-/  Well, I suspect
some other Content-MD5-fans will probably speak up.