Re: [Nmh-workers] Merging Source Files with git.

From: Wolfgang Denk
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Merging Source Files with git.
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:41:29 +0100

Dear Ralph,

In message <address@hidden> you wrote:

> I wonder if git-mv(1) adds meta-data to the pending commit, and if so
> does that survive a merge of another commit that also moves to the same
> destination file.  I'm guessing not as it would otherwise multi-parent
> graph of the destination file that I'm after.

The history of the tree is recorded in the repository itself.  Using
"git log --follow" you can track the history of a file even across
merges and renames.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: address@hidden
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10%  takes
the other 90% of the time.