Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's `make clean' is Overzealous.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's `make clean' is Overzealous.
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 09:15:54 -0500

>> Now, it doesn't seem like the GNU coding recommendations say to put
>> stuff in our own directory for sysconfdir; that seems completely
>> wrong.
>
>But a quick look at /etc/ shows that it's quite common.  And a good
>idea, I think.

Ah, but my question is: are those the individual PACKAGES that do that, or
is that the packaging system that is passing --sysconfdir=/etc/foo to
configure?  If it's the latter, then that suggests to me that we should
simply put nmh config files in $(sysconfdir).  If packages are installing
files in $(sysconfdir)/foo, then I'd like to see how they deal with
packaging systems to avoid $(sysconfdir)/foo/foo.