Re: [Nmh-workers] rcvdist with non-default port

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] rcvdist with non-default port
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:25:46 -0500

>...the intent of my question was about how difficult it would be to change
>that and have post read the profile, if only for that one entry.  Or might
>it be easier to add a port entry to mts.conf, to complement the mts and
>servers entries?

Both of those things are ... kind of complicated. post(8) not reading
the profile was a long-standing deliberate design decision, and the
way the code is implemented it's not possible to distinguish between
"switches from the profile" and "switches from the command line".  I'm
reluctant to revisit that decision for 1.7.1; we'd need to think about
that carefully (it has been a pain in the ass over the years, so I am
open to revisiting it).

Putting things in mts.conf is also a pain; we never really figured out
a reasonable syntax for port number specification and we have been kind
of going toward specifying that stuff on the command line.  Since rcvdist
is deficient here, seems to me the right answer is to fix that.