Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:40:16 +0000

Hi Ken,

> It turns out this was introduced post-1.6, so I don't think many
> people have encountered it yet. Anyway, I just committed a fix (and I
> cherry- picked it to the 1.7 branch).  If you could check to make sure
> that the fix works for you, I'd appreciate it.

There's good news, and bad news.
Good news is, maximum RSS doesn't run away.

    $ git describe
    1.7-branchpoint-490-g42db3a2c
    $ for n in 1 10 100 1000 10000; do
    >     \time -f %M uip/scan last:$n >/dev/null
    > done
    3264
    3156
    3248
    3348
    double free or corruption (!prev)
    Command terminated by signal 6
    3456
    $

Six is ABRT.  Have you tried `make check' with valgrind?
I can create problems around a certain kosher email in my +inbox, but a
simpler case doesn't have problems.  I'll try and dig further.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy